During the more than 10 years from its creation, the Toronto FC earned several honours, awards, and had some records too. Up to this date, the TFC received only national honours, earning some of the more than once.
- MLS Cup: this is a post-season championship. It is held after the main season, and the winner is crowned champion. The MLS Cup was founded in 1996, and many teams earned it since then. While most of the soccer leagues considers champion the team with the most points, the MLS Cup is different. The Toronto FC won the MLS Cup in 2017.
- Supporter’s Shield: this annual award is given by MLS to the team that has the best regular season record. This season record is determined by an MLS system. This award is given since 1999, and two us teams has the most shields, the DC United and the LA Galaxy, both having 4 shields each. The Supporters’ Shield is a fan-found award, which was created after the Tampa Bay Mutiny failed to win the 1994 MLS cup finals, yet it had the best regular season record. The Toronto FC earned this honour when it first won the MLS Cup, in 2017. Out of 34 matches that season, The Reds won 20, lost 5, and had 9 ties. The team’s coach was Greg Vanney – who is the head coach today too.
- Canadian Championship: The Toronto FC won the Canadian Championship seven times: 2009-2012 in a row, then 2016-2018 in a row.
- Eastern Conference: The Reds received three titles in the Eastern Conference in 2016 and 2017.
- Others: Toronto FC claimed the third place in the 2016 MLS Eastern Conference regular season. Also, the won the Trillium Cup four times. In the Carolina Challenge Cup and the Texas Pro Soccer Festival, the team made it to the third place in 2010 and 2008.
Individual records of Toronto FC
- The Youngest player and the Youngest Starter’s record is held by Fuad Ibrahim, who was 16 years old when he first played with the TFC in 2008.
- The Oldest player is the Canadian Rick Titus, who was 39 years old when he made a one-time appearance with TFC in 2008.
- As for the Most consecutive appearance record, it’s held by the retired Chad Barrett.
- Most goals in a season: Sebastian Giovinco, 23 goals
- Most goals in a game: Dwayne de Rosario, Sebstian Giovinco, Justin Morrow, Jozy Altidore – they all in a tie 3 goals
- Fastest goal: 57 seconds record by Sebastian Giovinco
- Youngest scorer is Fuad Ibrahim (was 16 years old), the oldest scorer is Benoit Cheyrou (was 36 years old)
- Most consecutive MLS games with a goal: the record is 5 matches, and it was made by Dwayne De Rosario
- The most shutouts in a season record: 13 shutouts, Alex Bono
- Minutes without conceding: a sum of 476 minutes, consisting of Stefan Frei’s record of 386 minutes, and Jon Conway’s 90 minutes.
- Biggest home win: 5-0 (two times, once against Orlando City, and once versus Columbus Crew
- Biggest away win: 6-1, v Montreal Impact and New York City FC
- Most wins in a season: 25 out of 43 games in 2017
- Biggest home loss: 2-6 versus Philadelphia Union
- Biggest away loss: 0-6 (versus Montreal Impact)